The Office of Student Conduct and Community Standards would like students to be directly involved in the campus policy review and education processes. In Spring 2010, we established a peer education and leadership opportunity for undergraduate students: the Student Conduct Ambassador Committee. Working directly with our Director of Judicial Affairs, SCAs are trained on student rights and responsibilities by staff in the Office of Student Conduct and Community Standards. SCAs will have the opportunity to:
- Serve in an advisory capacity to create effective campus policies
- Staff promotional events, including Freshman Move-in, First Friday, Orientation, and WUStock
- Develop and present outreach materials to the university community
- Recommend content and process for Don’t gamble with your future…Plan for it, the campaign for student rights and responsibilities
- Act as ambassador for the Office of Student Conduct and Community Standards on campus and at regional and national events
We are looking for students that want to make a difference by helping faculty, staff, and students to understand student rights and responsibilities as members of the Washington University community. This is a wonderful opportunity for students that are interested in law, criminal justice, or student affairs, but we hope that it will be an educational, fun, and overall beneficial experience for students, regardless of their personal interests and future career goals.