Student Conduct Ambassadors (SCAs)

The Student Conduct Ambassadors (SCAs) are a team of students that work directly with the Office of Student Conduct and Community Standards to educate students about university policy, community standards, the university judicial process and the university’s rationale behind these policies and procedures.

Student Conduct Ambassadors also serve as liaisons between the student body and the Office of Student Conduct and Community Standards and thus bring forth student concerns regarding judicial policies and recommend policy changes and implementation strategies. As an advisory committee to the office, they review policy effectiveness, including identifying inconsistencies or mixed messages, and suggest improvements to the university’s approach. SCAs achieve these ends through active student programming, facilitation, educational campaigns, collaborative efforts and other methods. SCAs will play an active role in the implementation of new peer-to-peer facilitation and education programs concerning restorative justice, sexual assault, hazing and other serious student conduct related issues.

Professional Development & Training

Student Conduct Ambassadors undergo professional development and training during their time as a SCA. In order to serve as effective and knowledgeable programmers and facilitators, SCAs receive training in a breadth of topics concerning student conduct including but not limited to: restorative justice, sexual assault/power based violence, hazing, drugs & alcohol, university student conduct processes and other relevant topics.

“Don’t Be Dumb” Campaign

SCAs developed the “Don’t Be Dumb” campaign in order to address some of the more prevalent conduct issues taking place on campus.  See the posters below: